The University’s Counselling & Wellbeing Service provides a listening ear and can also support you if you want to know what next steps might be available for you. Their services are completely confidential. This client confidentiality will only be broken if the counsellors think there is a risk to you or someone else, or if there is a legal duty. How to contact Counselling & Wellbeing. Salford University Students’ Union Student Advice Centre also provide independent advice and support on a range of issues.

You may prefer to speak to someone outside of the University instead of, or as well as, our services.
Citizen’s Advice Bureau CAB provide free advice on a number in a number of areas from debt to harassment. You can find a local office here

Victim Support. When you report a crime to the police, they should automatically ask you if you would like help from an organisation like Victim Support. But anyone affected by crime can contact them directly – you don’t need to talk to the police to get Victim Support help

You can also report it here on Report & Support